Alien Abduction
A communication to the editor in the Summer 1988 issue of the
Distrustful Inquirer fixed my eye. It referred to an article
called "The Aliens By means of Us: Sleep-inducing Regression Revisited," by
Dr. Robert A. Baker. In it, Baker challenged UFO abductions by
expectations up past an assortment of alternatives to the ET Concept,
along with Fantasy-Prone Personalities and Hypnogogic/Hypnopompic
Hallucinations. These last two are special dream states
hardened upon emigrant off to sleep/waking up, in which one
can run paralyzed and/or see stuff in their bedroom that
aren't intensely bestow. Out of Vastness Experiences and Extraordinary
Abductions be the owner of been ascribed to this phenomenon by more than a few
research psychologists.

What I conventional few responses to my post on the Astral reverberation
symptomatic of Hypnogogic/pompic phenomena as a Apt explanation
for OOBEs, I thought perhaps this communication would be enlightening:

I would bearing in mind to thank Robert A. Baker for his article "The
Aliens By means of Us: Sleep-inducing Regression Revisited
" (SI, Indifferent
1987-88
). I be the owner of been beset by hypnogogic hallucinations so
early period, but until version this article I didn't know what
they were called or aim that other kind had them.

My representative revelation goes everything bearing in mind this: I am on the
rim of low frozen. A loud clang in my ears, sometimes
accompanied by a montage of unearthly voices, signals the set up
of further period. Whereas I appear cheery, my personnel is speedily
paralyzed. I run my "oddball" split up with my personnel. The succeeding thing I
know I am on the brink anywhere nearly the limit, looking down at
myself and my partner at my side. Following free of my personnel, I can regularly
control wherever my flimsy soul goes. Sometimes I hang around all
in this area the house, and on one disturb I floated all through the wall
and out now the deck. Occaionally I bravery the presence of other
beings in this area me. At more than a few coach I get fed-up or browbeaten by the
tote up thing and put back to my personnel and go to nap.

Relatively of an out-of-body incident, I sometimes be the owner of an
pleasantly explicit acoustic and/or visual revelation. Done with the
go I be the owner of seen and talked to "ghosts," been visited (but
not yet abducted
) by aliens, seen three-dimensional heads
on the brink by my bed, heard knocks on my attempt (whenever you like no one else
was in the house
), and was later attacked by a glowing unqualified
Doberman. These experiences appear as real as life.

I be the owner of never thought of these experiences as what patronizing than
what they certainly are: my do as you are told playing charm on itself. The
few other kind I've acknowledged who be the owner of had particular experiences
were all positively that they were, in Baker's verbal communication,
"indubitable proof of more than a few progress to of objective or consensual
reality.
" These in the past logical and smart kind also
faith that Uri Geller can intensely short spoons past his do as you are told.
Help yourself to one hypnogogic revelation and one fantasy-prone
certain and you be the owner of all the ingredients you goad for a privilege
pupil.

Based on my own incident, I faith that hypnogogic and
hypnopompic hallucinations impart a logical explanation for
most alien abductions, out-of-body and near-death experiences,
ghosts and rectify about any other gripe of the paranormal you assiduousness
to soubriquet. Baker states that these hallucinations are a "comfortable yet
miniature vetoed and unusually discussed phenomenon.
" I compromise
that SI and CSICOP discussion and make public them to the letter in the
lot.

James A. Stewart
Coronado, CA

COMMENT:


Existence you, I don't put money on "H/HH"s can perfectly statement for the
abduction syndrome, due to the great similarities among
reports (see SNOBS.UFO, ParaNet Alpha, Archive 1). But aim in
this area I'm length of track to overconfident reading.

I'm also not the most minuscule bit stamped past this in name only
"skeptic's" interpretation that OOBE's are "certainly" caused by H/HHs,
"based on [his] own incident." Isn't extrapolation from
exclusive incident an rocky method of judging data? It
certainly is whenever you like Above-board Believers do it, as many acknowledged
skeptics are in a flash to coach out. If he's that "surefire," there's
no use in aim arguing past him. He's no longer a detractor, he's
turf out a pessimist.

Although, I thought this communication was key in, in that it
presents an first-rate, Earth-bound picture of the phenomenon
from the coach of bearing of one who has hardened it. Sporadically do
acknowledged skeptics concede having sincere encounters past the
bizarre; they choose somewhat to bring a patronizing break line of attack. I
put money on this mixing of sketchy incident past objective
review is an key in leave in the Rationalism movement's
pains to terra firma dependability among the gullible.

Copyright 1988 To your house Border on Sciences Information Utility, All Citizenship Nippy.

Message Copyright 1988 Board for the Strict Query of
Claims of the Supernatural. Hand-me-down past scope.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Blog Archive