Well That Explains Christmas
As you may know if you read this blog with any regularity, I receive tweets every day documenting UFO sighting reports, and I'm always on the lookout for reports that have a unique, intangible quality that separates them from the pack. Sometimes they're mid-boggling. Sometimes they're comical. Sometimes they cut straight to the core of human longing...Take this report that just came though a day or two ago: It took place on June 1, 1975, at 4 a.m. in Bay Shore, NY, on Long Island. The tweet I received said simply, i remember waving goodbye...i remember being with my sister and parents." I had to read more.The case report lists this sighting as taking place on a "rooftop," so I imagine this small child in 1975 standing on a rooftop with his or her family, waving goodbye to a UFO. Why was an entire family out on their rooftop at 4 a.m.? The object they were looking at must have been in their yard for a spell, because you don't "wave goodbye" to something that just appeared. No, something happened that night that involved the whole family. Trouble is, the parents and sister don't remember any of it."ok here i go....." the report begins. i remember waving goodbye to a saucer disk like flying thing it had rotating lights around the middle i remember blue red yellow..and i remember being with my sister and my parents...there is hardly a day that goes by when i still dont think about this....but they dont seem to remember this..."Whoever or whatever the witness was waving goodbye to, they came back."around the same year or so i remember running out to see if santa came..." the witness reports, and i remember seeing 3 aliens...and i seem to remember them being a brownish in color...like a light brown color....and about the same height i was when i was a kid...three to four feet...but i remember no more after i first see them..."Are you thinking what I'm thinking? Of course the witness doesn't remember anything after that! You don't catch Santa's elves in the act and then go around remembering it all. I don't know what I love more about this report: the sense of childlike wonder that the witness still retains after all these years, or the fact that the report conflates two of our most persistent cultural icons...MUFON lists this case as "unresolved." I would like to see it resolved, and I have a plan. Next Christmas, we all stay up all night, watching... with our night-vision cameras, our Geiger counters and our tape measures at the ready. Who's with me?Even if we can't catch the aliens in the act, I think someone has to warn Santa that his "elves" may not be elves...

Reference: paranormal-factor.blogspot.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Blog Archive