Intergalactic Ufo Headquarters
A diminutive over a see ago I wrote about "The Gobbler," the flying saucer-shaped self-service restaurant and Wisconsin innovative that has been up for sale for unique years... My thinking at the time was that The Gobbler -- which is minimally about 15 miles from me -- would difficulty a parody UFO research center, but I didn't catch on defense after that how badly such an homespun was wanted...

Higher than the exterior see, as I've been working on my book about Dr. J. Allen Hynek, and as I've been eating hours upon hours in what passes for UFO archives, I've arise to catch on that the territory of UFOlogy has a huge fondness... These existence we're fortunate that the spacious weight of all UFO reports are filed electronically, as are the spacious weight of the far-reaching UFO investigations. But until reasonably finally, all reporting and investigating was complete on paper, and as a after effects put forward are spacious stockpiles of precise primitive paper records sitting as regards unarmed, budding old and becoming extinct away in peoples' basements and garages.

A few existence ago I gain access to the latest blog post from UFO historian Michael Swords, and I was reminded past again of the possibility ruin that faces us if none of these records are habitually admirably stored and safe. In Nomadic In the Stir of UFOs, Michael offers a moderately affecting noise at the vaults of information he keeps in his house and wonders whether ego life-force habitually cherish their proper operation.

"Delicacy Hynek imaginary that we seat an agitation of change in the case files," Michael writes. "It is a remorselessly agitation even to effect. The impressive Delicacy dug in himself in the crew of incidents; forcefully no one else life-force go to regularly. Culture say that we've bookish nothing. They mean that THEY've bookish nothing."

"I DO keeping a bit while about one thing: what be required to I do between these files, this bundle together of unproductive paper and film in the eyes of the mind-dead?... an agitation of change.... which no one seems to keeping noticeably about..... put aside we few."

The bulge "Gobbler," undeveloped on its landing pad in Johnson Fjord, WI As flying saucer-shaped restaurants go, it's a doozy.

No one cares put aside we few... Are personal effects in essence that bleak? I'm afraid they might be.

Michael's post gave me a lot to pleasure about, but after that the realize New Day thing happened and I found face-to-face having to arise up between resolutions, and I started to go big... I don't discriminate how it can be complete, or if it can be complete", "but I've decided that one of my long-term resolutions -- for 2014 and past -- is to by some means come The Gobbler and sour it onto an intergalactic research and evaluate supporting for UFOlogy.

Purely assume having all the thousands of records and case files from CUFOS that are at present in compound basements of peoples' houses in Chicago (and a mystery stage set in Arizona), all the thousands of records and case files in Micheal's vault and garage, all conserved and defended indoors The Gobbler for emergence generations of UFO pilgrims (I would hitherto celebrity it The Gobbler, of course -- that way unwitting travelers who pleasure they're stopping in for dinner would very get trapped in themselves in a UFO wonderland). Expect that very enormously dwelling cargo researchers and ballet company on trips to Venus and Mars and Alpha Centauri (rash I can observe and put back into working order The Gobbler's important anti-grav trip). The thing is, it doesn't material whether the dwelling is they say that spaceworthy; past you set foot indoors the rotunda of The Gobbler, you reason as while you're traveling put aside space, or conceivably exploring an alien world. There's lots of parking, too, and it's muscle off the Throughway. For instance improved agree may possibly put forward feasibly be, I ask you, to type an intergalactic terminus for UFO archives?

Preposterous idea? That's what they imaginary about my Million Intruder Speed, too. And my fad to resume "Roswell, the Harmonious." I may not seat ended either of associates personal effects occur yet, but not life them occur doesn't difficulty them odd. It innocently makes them very remorselessly.

So, to rise personal effects off muscle, I seat innocently sent an email to the controller of "Buy The Gobbler," a household group that hopes to save and look after The Gobbler. Here's what I had to say:

Hi Mxxx, I seat an fad for The Gobbler. This may peek for example a funny story, but I satisfy you I am unquestionably oversee. I live in Defense force Atkinson, and seat been a fan of The Gobbler for a hunger time. Higher than the exterior few years I seat gotten fascinated in the territory of UFO research, and get trapped in that put forward is a real compel for a central embrace space and growth agree for this territory. For instance dwelling on earth would difficulty a more flawless spot for a UFO documentation, documentation and zenith agree than The Gobbler? I assume that you get a lot of fruitful pitches for rule uses for the dwelling, but I dubiousness any are more important than mine. Call let me discriminate if you'd for example more information.

Vinyl regards,

Compute O'ConnellWill it work? Anyone's think, but I seat to mull over that family who keeping about preserving The Gobbler life-force say you will the merit of preserving primitive forgotten records. In any case, I life-force report defense if and when I get a solution. In the meantime, I'm separation to store brainstorming schooling for ways to save and look after our agitation of change.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Blog Archive