August Ufo In The Beginning
Another month and another UFO to complete!Judy chose #7 this month.Uh oh. Again.All that shuffling earlier in the year when putting the whole top together was chosen before I had the blocks made has finally come full circle...I get to shuffle one last time to put the whole top together!First I have to trim down the applique squares, but that shouldn't be too much trouble (she says while wondering if she'll live to regret that statement). And I have the air conditioner running, so the iron shouldn't be too much trouble.My mom is on her way to spend the day quilting (what else should you do when you're unemployed?), so if I have trouble, I'll have her expertise right there!I'm excited to get this top together, even if I have absolutely no clue where it will end up. It will mark another UFO completely done! (Well, the top...)And since we're talking about UFOs, I mentioned that while on vacation I worked on the Whig Rose appliques from months ago that are the UFO I didn't finish. I had lots of quiet time with the hubby out fishing and it was just too hot for turning on the iron, so here's my progress:The bottom two were done before I left. The top right still needs little yellow centers, but since I wasn't using my iron (remember my circle tutorial?), those still need to be prepped and sewn down. So instead I layed out the fourth block. I'm feeling pretty good about these, but I know I still have the triangle pieces to go too, even if they are easier.And while we're talking about applique, I suppose I could update you on the cows. I started off with a bang, then slacked off, though they're coming along.Not quite half done and then come the pinwheels. I thought about working on those today, but we'll see how the quilt top construction goes...Hopefully we get lots of quilting done today, but sometimes we end up out shopping and eating instead... If I get a lot done, you'll know!Happy quilting,Katie

Reference: ufo-chronicles.blogspot.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Blog Archive