Nasa Vs Ufos
I was at a bookstore the other day and, as usual, was checking out the "New Age/Paranormal section, looking for new and interesting UFO books. Whenever I do this I am pretty much primed for disappointment, because I rarely find anything new, and even when I do it's rarely interesting... But this time I was pleasantly surprised - twice!

The first surprise I came across was a book predicting that the End Times that were supposed to come in 2012 are in fact coming in 2019. How is this possible, you ask? Surely the End Times already came, as predicted, in 2012. How could they be coming again four years from now? I wish I could tell you, but I bought a few of those 2012 books back in the day and I wasn't going to make that mistake again. I'm just going to wait this one out.

The second surprise was even bigger. It turns out that we've been wrong all along calling UFOs "Unidentified Flying Objects." According to the book I bought, they should be called "Unconventional "Flying Objects."

That's right. In a book entitled "Unconventional Flying Objects: A Scientific Analysis," author and former NASA scientist Paul R. Hill sets the record straight on a whole lot of UFO information that has worked its way into popular belief systems but, according to Hill, ain't necessarily so...

"

Different names and logos, same hatred of UFOs"

Hill was an aeronautical engineer for NASA (and its predecessor NACA) who for decades compiled mountains of data about UFOs and used that data to apply engineering principles to an analysis of their structure and behavior. His work was frowned upon by his bosses at NASA, and while employed by the government he was unable to publish his findings. After Hill passed away in 1991, however, his amazing document was finally published, and although I'm sure it's not news to many of my readers it's a shocker to me.

I'm shocked because here is a book about UFOs written by an eminent and accomplished scientist that simply takes it for granted that UFOs are physical objects, and that at least some of them are extraterrestrial in origin!

And the shocks keep coming.

Take the new name for UFOs. Citing the erroneous story that the term "Unidentified Flying Objects" was coined by Project Blue Book project chief Captain Edward Ruppelt, Hill explains that UFOs are neither "unidentified" nor "flying." His argument seems to be that as soon as we call an object "unidentified," we have just identified it. Further, he argues that because UFOs do not actually use the atmosphere for support or propulsion, they do not actually fly. Instead, he says, UFOs "are vectored along trajectories."

That's heavy...

What's even heavier is this: Hill's basic premise is that "UFOs obey, not defy, the laws of physics."

Think about that.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Blog Archive