Black Triangle Sighting In Deepcar On October 15Th 1996 On Duty Police Officer Saw Large Black Triangular Ufo During Night Shift
In mid October 1996 (date unsure)I was a uniformed Police Officer with South Yorkshire Police working in Sheffield.At the time of the incident stationed at Deepcar Police station.This is in the north of the City and covers a rural area which borders the Peak District National Park. In the early hours of a night shift (say between 0300 to 0400hrs) I was out on mobile patrol duties unaccompanied in a marked Police vehicle (a diesel engined Land Rover Defender model) and in St.Margaret Avenue Deepcar when I had noticed a male on foot near some dwelling houses who I decided to confront about his presence on the street at that time of day.In turning the vehicle around to confront the male he had then disappeared from my view.I decided to park and wait in the street to see if the male re appeared again. Whilst waiting and carrying out my observations for the male a short while later my attention was attracted to an incident on my horizon in the night sky ahead of me.What I saw was something ahead of me in the night sky that was projecting a white beam of light similar to a searchlight downwards towards the ground at an angle.I would estimate the event (craft) to be 1.000 yards or more ahead of me in the North. I believed it to be taking place above or near the A616 Stocksbridge By Pass road which has (had) a bad history of vehicular accidents with fatalities.So I was concerned about my sighting.However I had had no radio messages relayed to me that any incident was taking place in the area.I was carrying a Police UHF (Ultra High Frequency) personal radio and the vehicle was fitted with a VHF (Very High Frequency) radio.Both of these radios were operating on different radio channels. At that time all I could see was a beam of white light being projected downwards towards the ground at an angle.I could see no other lights at that time.I could not see any shape or form of what (craft) the light was being projected from.All I could see was a black sky with no light pollution at that location.My own position was at an elevated position in Deepcar and the event was ahead of me on the horizon which meant that if it was taking place over or near the A616 road it was obviously quite elevated at that location (which is down hill from my viewpoint). I was concerned about the appearance of what appeared to be a search light from the night sky.I could hear no noise from the sky at that time.I knew that (at that time) the South Yorkshire Police helicopter SY99 was actually based in West Yorkshire and did not (then) fly after midnight unless it had some dire justification for a night flight after midnight.Despite what I knew my thought was that it may have been a Police Helicopter using a searchlight ahead of it. I then used my UHF radio to contact the control room at Ecclesfield Police Station Sheffield about my sighting and to ask whether the Police helicopter had been scrambled to any incident taking place on or near the A616.I also used my vehicle VHF radio to contact force operations room at Police Headquarters Sheffield.I was told categorically that the force helicopter was grounded at base. During my radio transmissions I had continued to observe the event ahead of me on the horizon.This may have lasted several minutes. What startled me was that when I made the radio transmissions (it may have been coincidence or not-I personally do NOT think it was) the beam of light switched off and then I suddenly became aware that something of a vast size and dark in colour suddenly moved quickly towards me in a straight line and was then directly above my vehicle in St.Margaret Avenue.I heard no sound of any craft approaching me.The move was very quick for the distance traveled from the horizon.I saw no lighting or any illumination on the object as it approached.I could just differentiate that there was a large dark object moving in the dark sky directly towards me. The next thing I knew was that as I was still seated in the Police vehicle the whole street around my vehicle was suddenly illuminated by a fantastic bright blue light which was clearly coming from directly above my vehicle in the night sky.I had never experienced any such light before or since.It was similar to an intense blue neon sign light.Sodium street lighting was illuminated in the street at the time but this blue light was tremendous in its power.I bet you could have found a needle on the road it was so intense. I sat in the Land Rover with the engine running (it did not stop at all during any of the incident).I tried to look up above the vehicle through the front windscreen but this is very difficult in a Land Rover Defender model as the screen is near vertical.At the time I was actually scared to get out of the vehicle because of the bright blue light which I believe WAS being directed down on my vehicle lighting up the surrounding area also.It was very worrying what was happening and I was concerned what may happen to me if I alighted the vehicle with the blue light above me. The blue light was illuminated for maybe a few minutes (or so it seemed) and then it went off.At that time I felt more reassured to exit the vehicle.I jumped out of the door and looked directly above me.At that time I could see that there was a very large black triangular object hovering above me/moving forwards very slowly in the night sky.At this time I could see the underside of the object only.I could clearly see the triangular shape.It was black but visible through contrast with the sky.It was making very little noise other than a sort of whirring noise that would not be heard at a distance.No way was it noisy like an helicopter which you can hear approaching from quite a distance.No way was it noisy like the engine of a jet aircraft or turbo propeller aircraft either. I was shocked at what I was observing.It was not a conventional aircraft that I would know.At that time I saw that the craft was showing three red lights to the underside of it.These were near to the corners of the triangular shaped object.I thought they appeared like rotating red lights like parabolic beacons used on top of old fashioned police vehicles (But RED).The object was low flying (maybe at a few hundred feet altitude I estimate) and so I could see the three red lights which appeared small.I estimate the triangle may have been a few hundred feet wide or more. At the time I thought about U.S.Stealth aircraft.At the time I saw it I thought why would one be over this area?.Why would such a stealth aircraft give away its position by operating a searchlight (the white beam of light projected in the first instance)?.Why would such a stealth aircraft give away its position by then projecting down vertically a source of brilliant blue light to illuminate the whole area?.Why would such a stealth aircraft have some form of (what appeared primitive design) red position lights beneath the underside giving away its presence?. As I watched the underside of the object move overhead it suddenly moved forward again (Southwards)without noise and with rapid acceleration.I watched it go southwards to the horizon beyond Penn Nook Close (housing).I saw that it moved to the left beyond this housing and then suddenly changed direction to go right (as if thrown in reverse) and then suddenly left again on its original course of flight.The speed of the moves was very fast and I did not believe any conventional fixed wing aircraft capable of doing what I saw at that point.The object continued to move very rapidly in this South Westerly direction and I then lost sight of it.It was heading in the direction of Stocksbridge Golf Club on Royd Lane and beyond that towards Bolsterstone Village/beyond to Broomhead Reservoir/beyond that The Peak District National Park. When I had initially used my Police radios I had asked about the Police Helicopter.I informed control of what I was seeing at that time (ie only the white searchlight type beam at first).After the object had moved towards me and overhead my position I did not use my radio again at that point.I was in awe of what I was witnessing and wanted to give it my full attention.After I had witnessed the object move away from my location in the south westerly direction I contacted my control room and told them what I had seen (ie.in my own opinion a large black triangular UFO) and told them it was my intention to proceed in the direction of the flight path of the object for any further sightings.I did not seem to get any response from my own control room to the effect that they took me seriously. I did travel at speed in the police vehicle alone out in the direction the object had flown without further sighting of it or any further lights in the sky.I drove some distance out towards the Peak District National Park. Out there at night it is pitch black countryside.I was alone.I had no interest shown from the control room that anyone else might be attending the area with me so I called off my own pursuit. Honestly I was afraid to go out into the middle of nowhere and make myself vulnerable to whatever might happen. On the night of this incident three Police officers were on duty at Deepcar Police station.We had to cover 100 square miles of our area.I was alone in one car and 2 other officers were together in another marked police vehicle on mobile patrol at that same time. They were on patrol in the Oughtibridge area of Sheffield about six miles from my location during the event. Later that morning we spoke at Deepcar Police station about what I had witnessed.The senior officer of the two stated they had seen the brilliant blue light in the sky over Deepcar but knew nothing else of what it was.I know this officer had his own experience of UFO sightings on a night shift during the early 1980's in Sheffield when I was on the same shift as him.On the night of my sighting this officer had a brother in the Police working at Attercliffe Police Station Sheffield (about 9 miles away as the crow flies) also on a night shift.I know my colleague spoke with his brother at Attercliffe and he and officers on his night shift had also witnessed bright blue lights in the sky as well but I know no more detail than that. When I had my own sighting there was no one around.The only person I had seen was the man in the street I had seen and was looking for before the event.I do not know of any other reports having been made that night or subsequent about what I had witnessed myself. It may also be interesting to note that this area where I had my sighting/event has also been linked with other paranormal events. These other events have not been experienced by me but have included sightings by a number of people of alleged ghosts of a group of young children in victorian style dress dancing around near an electricity pylon off Pea Royd Lane Stocksbridge (about 1000 yards as the crow flies/different direction from where I first observed my own UFO) and alleged sightings of a Lancaster Bomber "Ghost Plane" seen by people in the same locality (Lancaster Bombers apparently did practice runs in the area for the bouncing bomb in WW2 using local reservoirs) and both these events have received media attention and I believe investigations. I never reported my own experience at the time or later to any media. Some years after the event I saw a TV programme titled "open skies closed minds" which commented on sightings of Black triangular UFOs seen over Belgium and witness testimony and photographs-one taken by a senior officer in the Belgian air force.This was a Black Triangular UFO with three red lights on the underside.When I saw this programme on TV I said immediately that was the same object (or very similar) to what I had seen over Deepcar Sheffield in mid October 1996.I had never taken photographs myself as I was not in possession of a camera on duty. I know I did not lose any time the night of the incident as I did check my wristwatch sometime at the start of the event and after it. I did do this because I have read and heard that people who have undergone these type of experiences have told of "missing time" after the event. I retired from South Yorkshire Police in 2001.I have never seen anything like what I saw that night before or after that night.I doubt I ever will again.I was a Police Officer for 20 years and regularly worked night shifts as routine.This event was the one and only time I have ever seen or experienced anything like that on a night shift.

UFO News

UFO News on Facebook

Eviland


News Just For You

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Blog Archive